Helping Homeowner’s Remove Flood Insurance Requirement – Consultation
Many homeowners are faced with an unpleasant letter from their mortgage company requiring that they purchase a flood insurance policy. This is a frustrating and helpless feeling. I understand this feeling because I received a letter requiring that I purchase flood insurance on my personal residence. To help homeowner’s understand I will describe why they are required to get flood insurance and how we at Civil Solutions Group help them to remove the requirement for flood insurance.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) maps 100 year flood plain locations along rivers, streams, lakes, etc. Mortgage companies and banks are required by the National Flood Insurance Program to notify and require flood insurance for any home with a current mortgage within the FEMA flood plain areas. The homes within the flood plains may or may not be at risk of the flooding depending on the vertical relationship of the home to the flooding source.
At Civil Solutions Group we provide FEMA Flood Consultation to help homeowner’s remove the requirement for flood insurance. We follow prescribed FEMA methods to determine if a home is at risk of flooding during a flood event. This process involves site surveying, hydraulic analysis, office calculations, paperwork and engineering judgement. FEMA has strict guidelines to help determine if a home is at risk of flooding after our analysis is performed, namely the lowest adjacent grade around the home must be above the 100 year flood elevation. If the lowest adjacent grade meets that criteria than a request is made to FEMA to remove the home from the requirement for flood insurance.
Civil Solutions Group has helped 50 plus homeowners with this process during the past year. Every submitted request to FEMA has resulted in the removal of the requirement for flood insurance. If you want to remove the requirement for flood insurance call 435.213.3762 or email us at email@example.com.
- Salt Lake County: Salt Lake City, Draper, Sandy, Murray, South Jordan, West Jordan, West Valley City, Holladay, Cottonwood Heights, Herriman
- Utah County: Provo, Orem, Lehi, Spanish Fork, Pleasant Grove, Alpine, Cedar Hills, Eagle Mountain, Saratoga Springs, Highland, American Fork, Lindon, Springville, Elk Ridge, Mapleton, Woodland Hills
- Weber County: Ogden, Eden
- Davis County: Layton, Bountiful, Roy, Kaysville, Farmington, Syracuse, Centerville, North Salt Lake, Fruit Heights
- Cache County: Logan, Hyrum, Smithfield, Cache Valley
- Box Elder County: Brigham City, Tremonton
- Others: Park City, Bear Lake, Garden City